By using any of OpenMandriva services (ABF, forum, issue tracking…) you agree to be bound by the following terms.
OpenMandriva reserves the right to update and change these terms from time to time.
For ease of reading, without the legal talk, we propose for you here below an understandable version of a normal human being.
- Your content belongs to you (but we encourage you to publish under free license);
- OpenMandriva will not exploit your personal information except to achieve internal statistics (anonymous) or to alert you of an important change to the service;
- OpenMandriva does not provide or resell your personal data (your privacy is important to us - really);
- OpenMandriva is committed to collaboration, knowledge sharing, and Free software support.
But we’re not Care Bears:
- "The law is the law, and we don’t wanna end up in jail": you must obey the law (as good or silly it may be), otherwise your account will be deleted;
- "Thank you for being polite and respectful": you must respect other users by demonstrating good citizenship and civility, if not your content or your account may be deleted without negotiations;
- "If it breaks, we are not obliged to repair" OpenMandriva offers this service for free and freely. If you lose data, your fault or ours, sorry, but it happens. We will do what we can to get them back, but we do not assign any obligation of result. Clearly, avoid putting sensitive or important data on OpenMandriva services, because in case of loss, we do not guarantee its recovery;
- "If you are not happy, you are invited to go elsewhere" if the service does not suit you, you are free to find an equivalent (or better) elsewhere, or mount your own.
- "Any violation will be punished" if a user abuses the service, eg. by monopolizing shared machine resources, or publishing content considered irrelevant, its content or account may be deleted without warning or negotiation. OpenMandriva remains the sole judge of this notion of "abuse" in order to provide the best possible service to all of its users. If this sounds anti-democratic, anti-libriste, anti-freedom-of expression, please refer to the preceding clause;
- Clause "Nothing is eternal": the services can shut (for lack of funds to maintain, for example), they can be victims of intrusion (the "100% secure" does not exist). We encourage you to keep a copy of the data that matter to you because OpenMandriva can not be held responsible for their accommodation without time limits.
Terms of Service
- Use of the Service is at your own risk. The service is provided as is.
- You must not change another site to falsely imply that it is associated with this OpenMandriva service.
- Accounts can be created and used by humans. The accounts created by bots or other automated means will be deleted without warning.
- You are responsible for the security of your account and your password.
- OpenMandriva can not and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your violation of this safety requirement.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You can not use the service for illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- You must not violate the laws of your country.
- You can not sell, trade, resell or exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose account of the service used.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in termination of your account.
You understand and agree that OpenMandriva association can not be held responsible for content published on this service.
- You understand that the line-up that service so your content involves transmission (clear or encrypted, depending on the service) on various networks.
- You must not transmit any worms, viruses or other code with malicious intent.
- OpenMandriva does not guarantee that:
- the service will meet your specific needs,
- the service will be uninterrupted or free from bugs,
- errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You understand and agree that OpenMandriva can not be held responsible for any direct, indirect, or incidental damages, including damages for loss of profits, customers, access, data or other intangible losses (even if OpenMandriva is informed the possibility of such damages) that result from:
- the use or inability to use the service;
- unauthorized access or altered data transmission;
- statements or actions of a third party on the service;
- termination of your account;
- any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of OpenMandriva to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the General Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and OpenMandriva and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and OpenMandriva (including previous versions of the Terms and Conditions).
- Questions about the conditions of service must be sent via this contact form.
- OpenMandriva reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service with or without notice.
- OpenMandriva will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- You may not post, upload, publish, distribute, spread any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content.
- We claim no rights to your data: text, images, sound, video, or other item that you download to or forward from your account.
- We will not use your content for purposes other than to provide the service.
- You must not download or make available any content that infringes the rights of anyone else.
- We reserve the right to remove any content we deemed irrelevant for the use of the service, according to our own judgment.
- We can, if necessary, remove or prevent the spread of any content on the service that does not comply with these conditions.
Editing and sharing of data
- Files that you create with the service can be - if you like - read, copied, used and redistributed by people you know or not.
- By making public your data, you acknowledge and agree that anyone using this web site to view without restrictions.
- But the some services can also offer you the option to restrict some contents to one or more other users (for example private messages).
- OpenMandriva can not be held responsible for any problems resulting from the sharing or publishing of data between users.
- OpenMandriva, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the service. This termination of the service will turn off access to your account, and the return of all content.
- OpenMandriva reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- OpenMandriva also reserves the right to terminate your account if you do not log in to your account for more than 6 months.
- Personal data
- According to Article 34 of the "Data Protection" law, OpenMandriva guarantees the user a right to oppose, access and rectify the data concerning him. The user has the possibility to exercise this right by using the contact form available.
- To use some OpenMandriva services, you must create an account. OpenMandriva requests certain personal information: a valid e-mail address and a password that is used to protect your account against unauthorized access. The fields "Name" and "Name" may be required for the proper functioning of software but it is not necessary that they reveal your true identity.
- Like other online services, OpenMandriva automatically records certain information about your use of such services as account activity (eg storage space occupied, number of inputs, actions taken), data displayed or clicked (eg : links, user interface elements), and other information to identify you (eg browser type, IP address, date and time of access, referrer URL).
- We use this information internally to help you improve the user interface of OpenMandriva services and maintaining a consistent and reliable user experience.
- This data is not sold or transferred to third parties.
Note: these TOS are strongly inspired (for not saying almost copied from) the one from the association Framasoft which promotes free software and provide services based on it.